Construction Field Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Position Job Summary: The Construction Field Manager is a working supervisory position. The position is responsible for the supervision, safety, instruction/training, and overall daily quality of work and scheduling at Habitat build sites. This position is expected to foster an environment of learning, training, and team building for site volunteers, partner contractors, partner families, and staff members while utilizing personal construction skills, knowledge of local and state codes and excellent project management skills.
- Build HFHS homes as per house plans, building codes, specifications and Habitat quality requirements.
- Provide a detailed budget and scope of work for assigned home build projects.Adhere to Habitat build schedule and funding deadlines.
- Acceptance of the strategic plan goals of the organization and the willingness to work within a goal oriented environment to serve more families.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of tools adequate to perform the scheduled activities and for regularly purging old tools that are unsafe or not functioning. Supervise overall construction activity and provide leadership to volunteers, partner families, subcontractors and staff.
- Monitor, schedule and coordinate the activities of subcontractors.
- Promote a work site environment that contributes to a successful experience for volunteers and partner family members that encourages them to return.
- Lead, train and supervises construction staff, volunteers and family partner members on construction techniques and HFHS safety standards and promote Habitat’s overall mission.
- Anticipate potential problem areas, analyze and recommend solutions or corrective actions.
- Constantly evaluate work site safety to ensure safe work practices are followed all times.
- Treat all individuals with the respect and dignity that reflects the ministry of HFHS.
- Demonstrate transparent reporting to management and work collaboratively with other functional areas of the organization.
- Promote use of volunteer tracking system
- Additional duties as may have assigned.
- Commitment to and willingness to advocate for Habitat’s mission
- Understanding and commitment to HFHS’s Strategic Plan
- Professional construction appearance
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals
- Sensitivity to the needs of low-income and diverse family units
- Capacity to develop and maintain successful and productive relationships with Homeowner Candidates, Volunteers, Donors, Contractors and Staff.
- Manage permit requirements such as scheduling of building inspections.
- Minimum three years of general construction and project management required with a proven experience and track record.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and state building codes.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, listening, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate willingness & patience to work with unskilled volunteers
- Demonstrate ability to work within in a team environment
- Previous construction scheduling and project management is a requirement for this position.
- Demonstrate ability to teach and lead construction skills
- Demonstrate proper communication and email etiquette.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule Tuesday through Saturday when required. Work schedule may fluctuate between Monday and Saturday scheduled days off during peak activities or depending on vacation schedules and or build site staff coverage.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record and provide appropriate transportation to perform duties.
- Competent computer skills; advanced in Microsoft Office/Excel.
Education Requirements:High School Diploma/GED required, trade school or some college preferred.
- Ability to communicate and exchange information effectively
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 75lbs – unassisted
- Ability to routinely lift over 75lbs with assistance
- Ability to bend, stand, crawl for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach & pull
- Ability to use fingers to type, grab & manipulate
- Ability to climb
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work at levels over 6’ high for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in small or confined spaces
- Good eye to hand coordination
- Good sense of balance
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is a drug free work place and an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidate subject to drug screening and DMV driving record check for verification of safe driving record.
Compensation: Full time, starting rate $25.00 hourly, PTO (paid time off), paid holidays, life insurance, medical and dental.
To apply: Please complete the online application. Job applications are also available at Habitat for Humanity Sarasota administrative office located at: 1757 North East Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34234 (9:00am - 5:00 pm; Monday- Friday)
No phone calls please.