Position Description: Construction Site Assistant
Classification: Part time
Responsibilities: Listed below are the key responsibilities. This list is not all inclusive, but is a general guideline regarding expected responsibilities of the position. The construction site assistant may be asked to perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- Supports the construction activities of HFHS.
- Assist in the delivery and set up of materials and tools as needed
- Assist in warehouse inventory maintenance of tools and supplies for build sites.
- Works as a team member to provide affordable homes for working families in need.
- Minimum two years in the construction field or field education in substitution of experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to reason, process change in work plans, must demonstrate the ability to work in an environment with diverse volunteers and staff with varying talents, temperaments and skills.
Qualifications: Listed below are the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Must maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to work independently and reliability in a construction filed environment
- Ability to solve practical and problems
- Work in varied weather and climate conditions
- Ability to stoop, bend, lift properly, and haul construction materials and tools.
- Minimum two- year work history in construction, construction related field or construction trade school.
- General knowledge of building materials and construction terminology.
- Ability to communicate and exchange information effectively
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 75lbs – unassisted
- Ability to routinely lift over 75lbs with assistance
- Ability to bend, stand, crawl for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach & pull
- Ability to use fingers to type, grab & manipulate
- Ability to climb
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work at levels over 6’ high for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in small or confined spaces
- Good eye to hand coordination
- Good sense of balance
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is a drug free work place and an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidate subject to drug screening and DMV driving record check for verification of safe driving record.
Compensation: Hourly part time position, approximately 32 hours per week at $17.00 per hour, Tuesday through Saturday. Benefits include; paid vacation time and paid holidays.
To apply: Please complete the online application. Job applications are also available at Habitat for Humanity Sarasota administrative office located at: 1757 North East Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34234 (9:00am - 5:00 pm; Monday- Friday)
No phone calls please.