Habitat for Humanity Sarasota (HFHS), a progressive affiliate positioned for growth, seeks a talented and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about helping others while making a difference in our community. HFHS is a growing affiliate that offers a collaborative and respectful work environment. Our mission is to partner with God and community to provide decent, affordable housing for people in need so they may build better lives for their families.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Mid-Level Graphic Designer & Multimedia Professional
The Mid-Level Graphic Designer & Multimedia Professional is accountable for the creative development of all HFHS collateral material; annual appeal; the brand image; mission; logo; social media; website; photography; videos; newsletters; fundraising promotion; and, other communications to Habitat Sarasota’s constituents. Specifically, this includes an e-newsletter to all constituents quarterly; annual appeal publication; marketing/advertising for the ReStore; the upkeep and creative development for Habitat Sarasota’s website & Constant Contact campaigns; all social media; taking and publishing photographs of events; and creating video stories of homeowners. About 25% of this role’s time is spent directly toward marketing the ReStore.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Influence – Creating and executing influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals.
- Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The Mid-Level Graphic Designer & Multimedia Professional should be able to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend and reach above and below shoulder level. This individual must be able to lift at least 25 pounds on occasion. The candidate will also experience occasional bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time is also required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide their own reliable vehicle to perform work duties. We offer mileage compensation.
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested being considered for this position at our growing Habitat for Humanity affiliate in Sarasota should email a resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining our team.
No phone calls, please. This position will remain posted until filled.
Our mission at Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is: To partner with God and community to provide decent, affordable housing for people in need so they may build better lives for their families.
Position is non-exempt, full time Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota offers a productive and collaborative work environment with competitive pay and benefits.
- Health, dental and life insurance, a generous holiday and paid time off program provided.
- Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is a drug free work place. All employees are subject to random drug screenings following employment. Pre-employment drug screen is required.