JOB DESCRIPTION: Volunteer Coordinator
The Volunteer Coordinator is accountable for tracking and growing the volunteer core of approximately 800 people. This includes regularly updating volunteer information so that it is current and usable; pulling reports; leveraging all networking opportunities; and establishing relationships that foster donors. This role is also accountable for seeking outreach opportunities; coordinating a memorable experience; plan and implement annual appreciation event; assist with home dedications; understands the systems and technology to track volunteers; streamlines processes; and trains others on the system’s requirements.
This position is part-time, Tuesday through Saturday mornings.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The Volunteer Coordinator should be able to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend and reach above and below shoulder level. This individual must be able to lift at least 25 pounds on occasion. The candidate will also experience occasional bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time is also required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide their own reliable vehicle to perform work duties. We offer mileage compensation.
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to random drug screenings following employment. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested being considered for this position at our growing Habitat for Humanity affiliate in Sarasota should email a resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining our team.
No phone calls, please. This position will remain posted until filled.