Location: This position will report to our store location at 2095 17th Street, Sarasota, just one block east of US 301.
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota provides a meaningful workplace where teamwork and respect for others is our culture. Habitat’s Restore mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated merchandise to help build affordable homes in Sarasota. Our ReStore is among the top five Restores in the nation. Our Restore helps increase awareness and visibility throughout the community about our mission of providing affordable homes for working families in need who are willing to partner.
The purpose of this position is to be a Furniture Movers/Donations Associate who is willing and able to be a good ambassador of Habitat for Sarasota when picking up donated furniture and other merchandise. The successful candidate will exercise respect, good customer service, and honesty when dealing with our donors and our ReStore staff.
Responsibilities include: Provide excellent customer service always, operate a box truck and maintain a safe driving record, load and unload trucks, assist in maintaining cleanliness and safety in the ReStore, as well as inspect and clean merchandise when necessary. Applicant must have the physical qualities to lift 75 lbs., squat and bend and adhere to Habitat’s lifting, loading, and safety policies. Applicant will help build customer understanding of how ReStore supports the mission of Habitat Sarasota.
- Applicants need to have the ability to follow a GPS route manifest for the daily route.
- A CDL license is not a requirement to operate the size of our box trucks
- Only applicants with a good driving record and a valid driver’s license need apply.
- Average of 36 hours a week.
- Hourly rate: $14.50 per hour
- Eligible for part-time employee benefits after 90 day probation period
- Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is a drug-free workplace. All applicants are required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com OR applications are available at our administrative office at 1757 N. East Avenue, Sarasota.