Position Description: Homeowner Services Coordinator
PositionReports To:Program Director
Position Status:Full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota, Inc. (HFHS) is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Summary: The Homeowner Services Coordinator supports the Homeowner Services Department in the role of a mortgage loan processor and loan officer for HFHS. Habitat’s model is to provide loans to homeowner candidates to purchase an affordable home at zero percent interest in which Habitat builds. This position will interact with the following departments: Construction, Finance, Communications, Volunteer Services and Development, along with the Homeowner Services Committee during the homeownership candidate process.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor and implement current Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) compliance standards. Complete all MPAR and Loan Originator training and compliance courses annually.
- Ensure written and/or in-person communication with homeowner candidates (HOC) at least once per month. Monitor program participation and work with the Program Director to develop plans/strategies if HOC’s are not meeting program requirements.
- Facilitate and manage all underwriting documents are in compliance and complete within home closing timeline. Work with local, state and federal agencies to facilitate funding sources for mortgage loans that include, but are not limited to: HOME, SHIP and HOP.
- Oversee the scheduling and implementation of the homeowner education classes and other pertinent HOC events.
- Administration of Calyx database.
- Willingness to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Bi-lingual candidate preferred
- Mortgage loan origination or mortgage loan processing experience preferred but not required.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college and or credit counseling certification (preferred) but not required or transferrable skills and experience in human services or social services.
- Knowledge and experience in using the mortgage disclosure program CALYX or equivalent.
- Competent computer skills; MS Office Suite, Formstack solutions, Constant Contact, data tracking systems, and Quick Books is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evening/weekend events
- Understanding of the challenges facing low income families is desirable.
- Demonstrates leadership, strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates dependability and integrity.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships with the Habitat homeowners, the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write and design a homeowner e-communication newsletter.
- Within 60 days of employment successful candidate must complete Qualified Loan Officer training and become certified as a QLO and successfully pass a background check. NMLS license are not transferrable for substitution for the Habitat QLO certification.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation Range: $45,000 – $53,000 annually; based on a 40-hour week and experience level. Benefits package includes health insurance including dental, term life insurance, and comprehensive paid time off policy.
The Homeowner Services Coordinator should be able to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend and reach above and below shoulder level. This individual must be able to lift at least 25 pounds on occasion. The candidate will also experience occasional bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time is also required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide their own reliable vehicle to perform work duties. We offer mileage compensation.
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested being considered for this position at our growing Habitat for Humanity affiliate in Sarasota should send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining our team along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. This position will remain posted until filled.